Fasken Martineau's Private M&A group has extensive experience in all aspects of private M&A, both local and international. Our teams work actively with our clients to structure, negotiate, document and complete all forms of private M&A and related transactions. Our clients' transactions range from the relatively straightforward to the most sophisticated and structurally complex.
No matter the size or level of complexity, we know each transaction is important to our clients and our multi-disciplinary teams provide the skills required to effectively structure and drive each transaction to successful completion, including expertise in tax, finance, banking, private equity, venture capital, securities, labour and employment, pensions and benefits, technology, intellectual property, real estate, competition, regulatory, government relations and environmental law.
Members of our Private M&A Group are recognized internationally in leading legal industry publications, including in:
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2014) (for Corporate Governance, Corporate Law, Mergers & Acquisitions Law and Securities Law)
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2014) (for Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate Finance & Securities, Corporate Mid-Market, Private Equity and multiple other related practice areas)
- Chambers Global (2014) (for Corporate/M&A in Canada, the UK and India and Corporate/Commercial in Nigeria)
- Chambers UK (2015) (for Corporate/M&A Mid-Market and Capital Markets: AIM)
- The Legal 500 UK (2014) (for Corporate & Commercial - Flotations: Small and Mid-Cap and M&A: Smaller Deals up to £50m)
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers (2013) and Lexpert (2013) (Fasken Martineau acted on 3 of the Top 10 Deals of 2013, including the Deal of the Year)
- Who's Who Legal (2014) (for Capital Markets and Corporate Governance)
We act for buyers, sellers, targets, investors and shareholder groups. Our clients range from large, publicly held multinationals to family controlled businesses, including leading public and private companies, financial institutions, private equity and venture capital firms, and family controlled and other closely held entities.
Our professionals are experienced in acting for both financial investors and strategic buyers as well as sole owners and shareholder groups seeking an exit strategy. We have represented clients operating in just about every major domestic and international business sector.
- Privately negotiated investments
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Management buy-outs
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Private equity and venture capital