Employers with unionized workers need strategic and tactical advice on labour relations matters. Fasken Martineau’s labour lawyers deliver advice that is consistent with business objectives. We emphasize a teamwork approach both with our clients and within our firm to deliver effective results.
We have a long history of representing employers before arbitration boards, provincial labour boards, and the Canada Industrial Relations Board. Since labour relations issues often spill over into the courts, we also have extensive experience in obtaining court injunctions in labour matters and acting in judicial review applications of arbitration and labour board decisions.
As one of the largest labour and employment practices in Canada, and with our growing practice in Europe, we are able to respond to our clients needs expeditiously and consistently. This is particularly significant in labour relations cases which generally proceed on an expedited basis.
- Certification applications
- Common employer and successorship applications
- Unfair labour practice complaints
- Strikes, picketing and replacement worker applications
- Decertification applications
- Discipline and discharge cases
- Collective agreement interpretation issues
- Work assignment cases
- Contracting out disputes
- Policy grievances