Many employment disputes can be avoided with good employment contracts. They can be particularly effective tools for limiting liability in terminations. But, this past year has been filled with good and bad court decisions for employers seeking to enforce termination provisions. In this seminar, we will help you make sense of these decisions and provide practical tips for drafting employment agreements and increasing their enforceability.
Topics will include:
- The importance of written employment contracts
- Drafting critical terms
- Avoiding common blunders affecting the enforceability of employment contracts
- Modifying written employment contracts for existing employees
- Recent case law on termination provisions
- 8:00 am - 8:30 am Registration and Breakfast
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am Seminar and Q&A
Note: The hours from this non-accredited seminar may be applied towards the 9 Substantive Hours of annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) required by the Law Society of Upper Canada for Ongoing Members. Please note that this seminar is not accredited for Professionalism Hours and cannot be counted for New Members or for Professionalism Hours for Ongoing Members.
Videotaping Policy: During this event, Fasken Martineau will be videotaping and broadcasting to a live audience. You may be filmed as part of the audience and seen on screen and in the archived footage.
For more information
+1 416 868 3329