Fasken Martineau lawyers advise on the licensing and regulation of terrestrial and satellite wireless services and related spectrum management matters, including spectrum auctions, orbital slot assignments, ownership requirements, cross-border frequency co-ordination and radio frequency (RF) equipment certification. Over the years, Fasken Martineau has advised and represented a broad range of clients in the cellular and satellite markets with respect to spectrum auction rules and other means of assigning radio frequencies and orbital slots, initiating rule changes regarding radio frequency standards, frequency co-ordination, and certification of radio equipment and terminals.
Our clients include a wide array of wireless service providers, both terrestrial and satellite based; as well as RF equipment manufacturers and investors in the wireless sector.
- Applications for radio and spectrum licences
- Advice and representation regarding RF
- Spectrum auction rules
- Spectrum management consultations
- Registration of foreign satellites to permit landing rights
- Development of governmental positions for ITU World Radio Conferences
- Cross-border frequency co-ordination
- Initiatives on rule changes to standards
- Frequency matters related to broadcasting licences or changes to signal parameters
- Frequency coordination and related disputes