Rhéaume Perreault is a partner at our Montréal office and focuses his practice on labour and employment law.
Rhéaume acts as a strategic adviser for many employers in small-, medium- and large- sized enterprises, helping them with the planning and reorganization of their human resources. As well, he also frequently acts as a negotiator in connection with collective bargaining agreements and represents clients, in particular, before the Superior Court, the Quebec Court of Appeal and various administrative tribunals, including adjudicators, the Commission des lésions professionnelles, the Commission d’accès à l’information and the Commission des relations de travail.
Rhéaume has had the opportunity to support executives in the manufacturing, transportation, service, municipal, educational, cultural and the arts, health, social services as well as food service and hotel sectors. He works in close collaboration with employers from the private and public sectors, as well as with non-profit organizations in various fields.
Professional development plays a major role in Rhéaume’s career. He frequently takes part in specialized conferences and provides substantial corporate training. Some of the more recent topics covered include:
- Le monde du travail à l’ère des médias sociaux? (The workplace in the social media age)
- Les médias sociaux : un must pour la gestion des ressources humaines (Social media: A must for human resources management)
- Quels sont les pièges du pré-emploi? (What are the pre-employment traps?)
- Comment faire une enquête? (How to conduct an investigation)
- Où en sommes-nous en matière d’obligation d’accommodement? (The duty to accommodate: where do we stand now?)
- Les tests de dépistage de drogue et d’alcool : est-ce possible? (Is drug and alcohol screening possible?)
- Les lois sur l’accès dans les secteurs privé et public : quoi savoir? (Privacy laws in the private and public sectors: What do you need to know?)
- Comment rédiger une politique? (How to draft a policy)
- Comment gérer l’absentéisme? (How to manage absenteeism)
- Rédaction d’un contrat d’emploi : comment éviter les pièges? (Drafting employment contracts: how to avoid the pitfalls.)
Rhéaume is a well-known author. Since 1997, he has published hundreds of articles, most of which have appeared in a specialized bulletin published by CCH in Quebec. In 2009, he co-authored Gérer la discipline — Guide pratique, a handbook on the employers’ right to maintain discipline in the workplace. This is the second book Rhéaume has published in the past few years.
He is recognized as a leading lawyer in labour and employment law in Woodward/White's 2012, 2013 and 2014 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada.
Rhéaume’s commitment represents one of his core values. Thus, he is the director of several community and charitable organizations, including Baluchon Alzheimer.