Fasken Martineau's Real Estate Financing team has a varied range of expertise in the most complex financing structures. We work efficiently to secure conventional financing for an impressive roster of lenders and borrowers and to structure innovative and complex credit facilities.
We work with the leading financial institutions in Canada as well as foreign lenders to enhance their offering to clients and help them deliver financing solutions quickly and efficiently. We know how competitive the financing market can be for lenders and we strive to work as an extension of the lenders' team to enable them to outperform their competition.
When acting for borrowers, we know the market and can advise our clients on the terms that can be reasonably expected in respect of various types of financing products. We deliver insights to concentrate on the essence of often complex loan documentation and ensure rapid execution focused on what matters.
We work with a number of financing products to allow clients to structure risk and obtain the appropriate product for their situation, from non-recourse loans to high leverage financing or mezzanine debt. We are also versed in the leading financial tools used by borrowers to minimize their costs and manage interest rate fluctuation risk through fixed or floating rate financing, bond financing, interest rate swaps or other derivatives.
Fasken Martineau lawyers work to simplify matters by using their expertise to streamline the negotiation of loan and security documentation and ensure that clients can access sources of financing expeditiously and at a reasonable cost.
We act for major real estate investors and developers; pension funds; financial institutions and lenders; real estate investment trusts (REITs); real estate investment funds and institutional investors; private equity funds and sponsors; insurance companies; crown corporations and public and quasi-public entities; office and retail landlords; major tenants; builders, owners and managers of hospitality properties; and developers of commercial, multi-residential, mixed-use, industrial and office properties.
We are passionate about investing in the future. We encourage start-up companies, whether as owners, investors, operators or developers, and also work with existing blue chip investors and development companies.
- Asset financing, mortgage and secured lending
- Term and revolver credit facilities
- Fixed and floating rate financing
- Construction, project & structured financing
- Acquisition financing
- Mezzanine debt, bridge loans
- Syndicated financing & club deals
- Public and private bond financing
- Securitization & commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS) financing
- Loan portfolios and defeasances
- Cross-border and multijurisdictional financings
- Loan assumptions and assignments
- Mortgage insurance & Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) financing
- Inter-lender agreements and direct agreements
- Swaps and derivatives in connection with real estate financing